Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Attending school has a huge impact on student success.This year we want to make sure every student misses no more than 9 days of school, or 1 day a month. We need your help.
Some Attendance Tips to Promote Student Learning:
• Make sure your students keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine, so they are rested and alert when they get to school.
• Turn off all electronics including TVs, phones and tablets at bedtime.
• Make sure clothes and backpacks are ready the night before.
• Check with our school nurse or office staff if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home due to illness.
• Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
• Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your student feels anxious about going to school.
• Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your student to school.
In order to help you track your student’s attendance please consider using the attendance tracker emailed to you earlier in the year. Our recommendation would be to put it on your refrigerator using magnets and keep track of the number of absences he or she has. Please let us know how we can best support you and your student so that they can show up for school on time every day.
#Together We Are One!